While there is some legitimate suspense, and I kept reading to find out how it would turn out, the coincidences pile up and are a bit to coincidental. Would a young woman with no money and information about what to do or where to go really be able to find safe, affordable housing and a job in one day?
The details about the boarding house and her job are interesting, and are a nice foil to the sometimes annoying plot. The vagueness of her brother's message to her sets her up for uncertainty about how to find him. Frankly, even today in the age of email and computers, I'm not sure how you would find someone who was trying to live in secret, if you didn't know any contact information, or where to start.
While the book is worth reading, I can't call it excellent. However I would be interested in reading more from this author because perhaps she will improve in her plotting.
[Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Bethany House as part of their Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. ]

No comments:
Post a Comment